When I first heard about Katy Faust’s organization, Them Before Us, I was intrigued. Childrens’ rights? Aren’t those built in? You would think so, but it’s not truly the case in modern society.
Them Before Us is a global movement defending children’s right to their mother and father. What does this mean though? It means that in all things — from divorce to abortion to surrogacy to remarriage and more — children deserve to be put first.
As Katy deftly educates in her book, children who grow up in a family with married, biological parents fare the very best in all life circumstances. There are always outliers, but statistical majorities show this is true.
In this episode we talk about:
- How no-fault divorce led to horrible outcomes for children
- How surrogacy & egg/sperm donation leave children with a primal trauma wound from birth
- How children are harmed when there is either no father or no mother in the home
- How the most dangerous person for a child is an unrelated family member living in the home (ie. mom’s boyfriend)
- What it would mean to truly put children FIRST instead of leading with adult sympathy and desires above all.
This is an important and fascinating conversation. I loved talking with Katy and share her heart for childrens’ rights.