Is surrogacy bad news? Today, I’m talking with Jennifer Lahl, founder and president of The Center for Bioethics and Culture. She has written, commented and produced multiple films on the concerns and ethics of things like egg donors, surrogate pregnancy, sperm donation and the problems with the Big Fertility industry.
Most people haven’t thought much abut these issues, but they are becoming more and more prevalent and are worth consideration, especially if you find yourself dealing with fertility issues.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Big Fertility targets and exploits poor and vulnerable women
- The trauma that comes with not knowing one’s biological parents
- Lack of regulation in the fertility industry
- The money & corruption inside the fertility industry
- Coming trends like human cloning and more in-depth genetic prenatal testing
After going through IVF myself, I became wary of the fertility industry and now have even more concerns. People don’t want to think about what Jennifer brings to the table, but this stuff is cultivating the future and we have a generation of children without parents, children being brought into the world on purpose without a mom and a dad and much more. It’s worth paying attention to!
Some of Jennifer’s films include:
- Anonymous Father’s Day
- #BigFertility: It’s All About the Money
- Breeders: A Subclass of Women?
*You can watch all the films for free on YouTube or here! Here’s our interview on video: