Anna LeBaron is an incredible woman. She grew up the daughter of polygamous cult leader, Ervil LeBaron. She has dozens of siblings and lived through heartbreaking trauma and abuse as a child. Even after escaping the cult at the age of 13, Anna went through even more horrific circumstances no child should ever have to experience.
In today’s podcast episode, Anna recounts some of the stories from her past, drawing on her book, “The Polygamist’s Daughter.” I read the book cover to cover — and it was riveting and well-written. I was honored Anna took the time to speak with me today. She is a warm and friendly soul — and quite the book worm like myself. Anna says:
Your parents are going to do the best job they can. My mom did the best job she could with what she had. Forgiving and letting go of some of those grievances is so important…that frees you.
I met Anna last year when she led my book launch team. In fact, she is a professional book launcher these days, having led teams for Jen Hatmaker, Bob Goff and most recently, the best selling “Girl, Wash Your Face” by Rachel Hollis. Pretty impressive stuff! I love following her on social media, where she exhibits positive vibes and plenty of social media marketing wisdom. Oh yeah — and she loves CrossFit! — and of course we talked about that in this episode as well.
Anna proves the resilience of the human spirit and the power of redemption through faith in Christ. She’s now a Christian who has worked through the issues of her origin family, and she has shown that there is life after even the worst of trauma.
What We Talked About:
• The Polygamist’s Daughter by Anna LeBaron
• The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner
• Other Books: For the Love, Girl Wash Your Face, Love Does, Own Your Everyday, Grateful American
• Brene Brown books, Dallas Willard books
• Leaving Cloud 9: The True Story of a Life Resurrected From the Ashes of Poverty, Trauma and Mental Illness
Connect with Anna:
• The Truth About Alcohol: Annie Grace of This Naked Mind
• Lila Rose on Choosing Life with Love