*This post is NOT sponsored, I just wanted to tell ya about my new fave!
Orange Theory is worth they money and I’ll tell you why. I’ve been planning to rave about Orange Theory for awhile now but finally getting down to it. When I first heard of Orange Theory a few years ago, I figured it was just another fad boutique gym. Always buried so far into my love of CrossFit, I didn’t think much about it.
But long story short, I have seen the OT craze grow and grow. People seem to love it and after seeing quite a few friends online talk about going on the regular, I decided I needed to give it a try.
It only took one session to get me hooked. And the classes as jam-packed everyday. It’s clear that OT hits a good nerve with ladies who love to sweat. It makes sense.
1. Constant movement. For a solid hour, you are moving, your heart is pumping and you are getting a productive workout in.
2. Variety. You are never doing any one thing for very long so you don’t get bored and the time flies!
3. Full body. It mixes cardio and strength training so you are truly getting a full body workout every single time.
4. Circuits. Your heart rate is constantly going very high and back down, which is the most effective way to burn the most calories and get the best respiratory workout.
5. Individual challenges. Every level is welcome here because you control how much you do. You can lift a 5 pound weight or a 40 pound weight. You can power walk or run all out at 9.5 on a level 6 incline. It’s you against yourself!
6. Tracking. OT’s name refers to keeping your heart rate in the “orange zone” — a fairly high level of heart rate. You wear a heart rate monitor and your name, heart rate & calories burned are displayed on the screen in the room. I used to think I wouldn’t like this but I find myself looking at it a lot and afterward, you get your entire workout emailed to you with charted details. And dont’ worry about people seeing how you are doing because you are truly only focused on your own details during the workout. I couldn’t tell you how anyone else was doing because I’m out of breath and searching for my own numbers!
From my latest workout:
It’s easy to see why so many women are flocking to Orange Theory these days. For me, it’s my second favorite workout next to CrossFit. You know I’m a CrossFit girl at heart but I bought a package at OT so I can go there 1-2x a week. It’s a great way to get in some cardio if CF has been lift heavy one week or if I need to do a lighter load. In fact, one of the coaches from my CF gym is also a coach at the local OT — so you will see a lot of similarities there.
OT is just as expensive as CF, which is known for being expensive. I often hear people say they don’t want to pay for gyms like this when you can pay $10/month at Anytime Fitness or whatever.
However, I feel that working out is essential to my mental, physical and spiritual health. It makes me happy and healthy and enjoying it’s a huge part of that. A lot of people spend money on therapy or new outfits or organic food. When you feel good, you are able to be more productive, happier and fulfilled life. And in truth, that is worth every penny if you can prioritize to afford it.
This is not a sponsored post but I love to share with you things that work for me. If you are looking for something new & different, I encourage you to try it. The first class is always free! Plus, they have a great schedule — anything from 5am all the way to later in the evening!