Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9, all opinions are my own.
Don’t mourn the end of summer yet, friends! While temps may be cooling soon and our days getting darker earlier, there’s still plenty of time to get in some awesome outdoor activities. Even as fall hits, getting sweaty means you don’t have to worry quite so much about being chilly
Most importantly, stay active so you create a solid habit that will help you stay that way when winter hits big time. Here are a few ways to enjoy end of summer bliss while welcoming in a fabulous fall season in active style. Of course, you know I love the Target® C9 line — I’ve been wearing these shorts constantly since I got them!
Like many of the activities I’m suggesting today, the Target® C9 line is for both casual and hardcore athletes. You can adapt your lifestyle and your clothes to whatever it is you’re doing — for an affordable price. I don’t know about you, but I’m always really excited to exercise and be my best when I’m wearing some cute, new clothes. For me, it gives me an extra “oomph” of motivation to work hard and own the look in an authentic way — a PROUD way.
Some of the following activities won’t be in your comfort zone — but outside of that zone is the absolute BEST place you can be to live a fulfilling life. Read on if you’re up for it!
1. Try a New Class. You’ve been saying it forever — “I really want to try that aerial pilates class” or “I keep meaning to sign up for the new barre place downtown.” Now is the time to stop talking and start doing. Grab a fit friend and get it on the schedule. When I tried Barre for the first time I was skeptical but now I go once a week because I gave it a try and realized how this low-impact activity was great for my body on the regular.
2. Sign up for a Race. There are tons of fall races in the city. Google races for your closest city and see what’s going on. Many times, there are very low-priced 5ks and 10ks happening in the next week or two. It gives you something to look forward to and will inspire you to find a more long-term race goal for later in the fall — or even spring.
3. Kayaking. Just because the pool closes on Labor Day weekend doesn’t mean the lake does. Find out how late your local kayak rentals stay open and stake out a date to try it out before the season ends. In some places, like Baltimore near me, there are paddleboats to try most of the year. It’s something different, fun and outdoorsy, so give it a try.
4. Outdoor Boot Camp. Fitness trends are everywhere these days and one of them includes outdoor fitness companies that train individuals on trails, in parks and anywhere they can find space. I tried this at a local place — OutRoam Fitness — and it was a blast. When a fun instructor is blasting music and telling you what’s next, you make fast friends and forget you’re burning so many calories!
5. Family Time. If you’ve got kids or adorable nieces and nephews like me, view playtime as workout time. Instead of it being a struggle to watch the cuties at the park, tell yourself you’ll actually PLAY for 30 minutes. One thing kids love? Copying whatever you do. You do jumping jacks? They’ll do them to. You run in circles, they’ll follow and laugh their heads off. They love playing freeze tag, racing, monkey bars, climbing up and down slides, crossing bridges and then doing it all over again. If you try to keep up with the kids at the park, you will definitely be doing a body good.
What are you doing to enjoy the end of the summer? What did you cross off your bucket list this summer?
Summer is definitely not over yet! We are planning on hiking and beaching it as much as possible!
That’s awesome, I realllly hope it stays warm for a long time!
YES! I saw your post and heading to read it now!
That handstand photo is so cool! I really want to do one, but I always freak out. Yes kayaking!!! we have been doing that and I love it
I love that photo, one of my favorites! SOmehow I have always retained my ability to handstand!
i LOVE the handstand photo!!! and i totally dig target’s line!