I have a little love affair with social media and if you follow me on Twitter, you might know that. When I teach people about Twitter and social media (that’s part of my job), I always encourage them to integrate it into their regular lives.
Make a habit of tweeting about what’s going on…not just what you’re eating for lunch but what you see, feel, hear, do. Report your own life!
|Sometimes I Instagram from a wedding, tweet from Africa or opine on the latest presidential debate!|
When you use social media for promoting your professional work or any kind of message you want the masses to hear, it’s much easier and more effective if it’s already a part of your life.
If people enjoy reading which articles you recommend, seeing a photo of you running or like your commentary, they are more likely to help you promote something when you need it — because they already LIKE you and want to help!
I recently delivered a presentation to some folks attempting to really take advantage of social media for their businesses and organizations. I thought some of my readers might benefit from what I shared with the group as well.
I think about social media — both for my personal blog here and my professional job at Heritage — as a big communications pie. You need all the pieces to make it whole. Here are some of the pieces in my pie:
- Facebook: Post only 1-2 times per day, run ads, focus on images, interact, headline writing counts.
- Twitter: Personality! Posting frequently, reply regularly, be witty, use images, case study strategy. The anatomy of a tweet matters!
- Tumblr: Spend time getting to know/understand the Tumblr community before you start using it like any other social medium. It’s ironic, edgy, sarcastic — the outcast crowd but cool.
- YouTube: No one can resist clicking the triangle “play” button. Make videos — even simple ones!
- Pinterest: Images matter! Make sure you are using them in everything you do & reaching the wider audience here.
- Google Plus – Google says it matters so it does. Your Google Plus postings are more likely to show up in Google searches and live online longer.
- Instagram – A behind-the-scenes, more intimate look at you, your organization, etc.
|With my blogger credentials at a conference in DC.|
1. Knowing the Medium and the Community Well. What issues get our fans most fired up? What are the hot words and topics to make them take notice and SHARE the message with others?
|Hanging out with some bloggers at another blogging conference. Definitely helps!|
MUST REMEMBER: People using social media are doing it for their pleasure and entertainment. You must keep that mindset when you are preparing to spread your message with these tools. My best recommendation is to use personal accounts (if you are doing it for your business or organization) to know and understand what ways will best hit users.
7 Practices for All-Around Social Media Gold damier louis vuitton tsieoustpoekypsyfy mens louis vuitton xjqhppjwawuwwjnjgp
7 Practices for All-Around Social Media Gold
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.
Rolex gold dial automatic black
Easy beige women bag. Artificial skin a little nacreous. I received a parcel for the 36th day. Rus. O4en’ legenkaja cumo4ka. Etiketka MANGO 🙂 pohozhe na to. Cvet skoree svetlo-kori4nevyj, s legkim perlomutrovym ottenkom. Shwy vse rovnye, nitki ne tor4at. W celom ponravilos’, mozhno brat’. Polu4ila na 36 den.
cheap louis vuitton handbags