Almost hree whole days without blogging? Yeah, that’s a record lately. I’ll tell you what, I’ve had some major food mishaps in the past week. Number one is the photos of these stuffed peppers. They are delicious and I’m going to tell you how to make them but without natural light — it’s so hard to get good photos (as most of you know!) It’s going to be a LONG winter…I don’t get home from work until it’s dark so the only time I can take natural light photos is on the weekend!
*Make sure you keep scrolling for the stuffed peppers recipe!
Unfortunately, that means some posts that I wanted to write with these recipes will never be and it kind of screwed up my blogging schedule. But…just because there were mishaps doesn’t mean I can’t showcase a little still. Thanks to Angela for giving me the idea to just do it.
Other mishaps that were SUPPOSED to be blog posts? This white chocolate chip pumpkin fudge:
|After sitting over night, this fudge was too goopy to eat with anything but a spoon 🙁 Everyone that saw this photo kept asking if the white pieces were corn. No, WHITE CHOCOLATE!|
Second.…this amazing peach & feta cheese pizza (from Ravie Nom Noms). Now, this is SO burnt but I’m telling you I actually ate it and thought it was delicious. I’m weird like that.
The reason this atrocity happened is because I somehow put the oven on broil. FAIL. Basically, I ate the toppings off the middle and it was awesome. I must say, I WILL be making this again because the combination of ingredients was amazing — especially the peaches bringing a really sweet flavor that went unexpectedly well with the cheese. Seriously, make this pizza!
|Burnt but still mighty tasty!|
Now, you want to learn how to make those peppers for dinner? Okay. They are one of my favorite meals and also, super-easy!
- 4 large Red, Green, Yellow, Orange Bell Peppers
- 3-4 servings whole wheat rice
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 bag Mexican cheese
- 1 can black beans
- sour cream
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1) Cut open peppers and scoop out the guts and seeds.
2) Cook rice & chicken
3) Warm or cook black beans.
4) When all food is cooked, start with a layer of rice in the bottom each pepper. Follow with a layer of chicken, then beans, then cheese and repeat the process.
5) After layers are in place, sprinkle cheese over the tops of all open peppers
6) Cook in the oven till cheese is golden on top!