Sometimes, a girl just needs an avocado. This girl needs one like every day. I stopped by the store for the sole reason of buying one blessed avocado for the heavenly guacamole I’m going to tell you about right now.
I’m not sure I went my whole life without recognizing the greatness of avocados. They are like a perfect food already cooked up by nature — no assembly necessary. But, of course, there are options. We took them! Actually, Rick makes killer guac and I could go no longer without sharing it with you. This is the best guac I’ve ever had and it’s sooo easy!
— 1 or 2 ripe avocados
— 1/2 diced white onion
— 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper flakes
— 1/2 tsp. Minced garlic
— 1/2 tsp. Chili powder
— Sea Salt
— Handful of fresh cilantro
— 2 tomatoes
— 1/2 can drained black beans
— 5oz corn kernels
— Black corn tortilla chips
1. Slice avocado in half, remove seed and scrape the insides into a bowl
2. Mix until all the lumps are out and avocado is smooth
3. Slowly add each of the spices in till mixed well.
4. Add corn and black beans into the mix.
5. Sprinkle extra sea salt on top.
*I like to take one chip, put a tomato slice on top and guac on top of that. It’s delcious!