As moms, we need encouragement frequently! The best place to find the most fulfilling of encouragement is right there in scripture.
We’ve all tried flipping open the Bible to random page and hoping to land on just the right verse. Sometimes it works. Often, it doesn’t. So I’ve got a cheat sheet for you, Mommas. We all get discouraged in motherhood, but it’s helpful to remember the promises of God in the midst of that.
Simply reading scripture aloud can literally change the trajectory of the situation. Even if you don’t feel like it, take a breath and read some of these verses out loud. There is POWER in the Word and we can take God’s promise of that very seriously.
Here’s a mini-curated list that I find helpful in tough moments:
- The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. – Exodus 14:14
- But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40: 31
- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. – Ephesians 2:10
- For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O LORD, from my youth. – Psalm 71:5
- Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD! – Psalm 31:24
- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4