|Source: Youth participating in Steve’s Club|
I’m REALLY excited about a new program with CrossFit that I recently discovered — and I hope you will be too!
There’s an awesome program called “Steve’s Club” that is devoted to CrossFit for at-risk youth. I love any kind of physical fitness that works for that cause but — of course — I’m especially excited about this one since CF is near to my heart!
The best part? They are starting one right here in DC! There is a kick-off event in connection with Balance Gym TOMORROW in Thomas Circle — and you should get your butt there!
In addition to the kick-off of Steve’s Club, Balance Gym has a whole party going on. They are having free food, an open bar, live DJ, prizes, give-aways AND most fun — a CrossFit Throwdown featuring Reebok CrossFit athletes!
When: Friday, September 27th, 5-9pm
Where: 1111 14th St. NW Washington, DC 20005
Extra: FREE classes all day on Saturday, September 28th!
*Guests are free so invite your friends!
And since we can ALL always use a reminder of what makes a good life — here are the values espoused by Steve’s Club for their participants. Can you think of anything better to hand down to an at-risk youth? I can’t.
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- Respect: Treat everyone well, play fairly
- Improvement: Keep learning, growing, and getting better everyday
- Teamwork: Help each other, cooperate, be loyal to the group
- Support: Encourage and motivate others
- Positivity: Have a good attitude, rebound from challenges, believe that you can
- Discipline: Work hard, be dedicated, commit to excellence
- Character: Strive to be the best you can be
- Community: Give back, be a good role model, inspire others