I’m always on the hunt for easy, healthy meals to make for dinner. I’ve said it before but until the past year, my dinners usually consisted of frozen Amy’s organic dinners, microwave veggie burgers, bowls of instant soup and anything else that could be made or heated up in less than ten minutes. Seriously.
Things are a bit different now. There’s cooking — real, actual cooking — nearly every night. I enjoy the satisfaction of creating a meal and including staples like healthy meat and veggies. Yet, I still have a hard time picking stuff out. I’m not a big fan of repeats too close together either.
Anyway, all this to say I have something new and easy for ya! It’s good, flavorful, filling & you can walk about feeling satisfied.
- Half package of 100% whole wheat pasta
- One Zucchini, sliced
- One Squash, sliced
- 1/2 package of frozen broccoli or fresh brocooli
- 1/2 White onion, diced
- 1/2 can of your choice of tomato sauce (I used basil/garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt & 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling (just trust me!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soup broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg