Only a week and a half from the ZOOMA Annapolis Half-Marathon! I’ll admit, I was planning to get in an 11-12 mile run last weekend but it didn’t happen. I ran 10 miles a few weeks back and well, this will just have to suffice. I am sure I’ll be fine getting through the old 13.1 but my legs will be more sore than normal after a half, that’s for sure.
I’ve been all over squats and lunges at CrossFit lately so perhaps that will help? I hope so! Speaking of ZOOMA, did you know you can still sign up? Yep, true story! If you are in the area, think about it because it’s going to be awesome. I know there is still space at nearby hotels cause I just booked my room a few days ago! From the looks of it, the swag may be amazing 🙂
Back on My Feet Annual Bash
It’s time again for the annual Back on My Feet Blue & Green Birthday Bash! This awesome night of dinner, drinks and auction at the Marriott in downtown DC goes to benefit one of my very favorite causes. After running with Back on My Feet for three years now, I can attest that any donations made to this organization are going to a good place. The bash is a great way to get to know more about the organization and support a wonderful cause.
- When: Thursday, May 29th, 2014
- Where: JW Marriott 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- What: Decadent seated dinner, beer, wine, specialty drinks, and a stunning array of silent auction items. Guests will dance the night away.
- Dress: Blue & green cocktail attire
- Tickets: $100 per person until May 1st; $125 per person until May 26th
$150 at the door
- Table Sponsorship: $7,200 Marathon Sponsorship and $3,600 Half Marathon Sponsorship. To sponsor a table or for more information contact Ashley Kilpatrick at 404.824.9690 or email email@example.com.
Check out the video I was in to explain what BoMF is all about (I’m at 1:17 and 2:42).
There’s the information if you are at all interested — companies welcome to buy tables as well so pass it on! Check out my post from 2012.