Good morning Friday all — and a truly Good Friday it is, right? I must say, I’m eternally grateful for the day that means so much for all of us. Before we get started with link love — a few things you missed:
- BodySmith Gym: Igniting a Fire
- You Can Be a Runner: No More Excuses
- Summer Style for the Sporty Girl
- Spinning, Cherry Blossoms and Sunshine
It’s been a crazy busy week for me — flown by — but in a good way. I’m thankful it’s nearly the weekend, though, because we are hoping to go either hiking or stand-up paddleboarding this weekend!
This morning, I went on a cold 6.5 mile run — felt great but I sure wish it warm up. Here’s part of my view from this AM:
- Kevin Ogar, the CrossFit athlete who was paralyzed earlier this year, is back doing CF — and it’s more than inspiring.
- Julie Foucher (2nd place in CF Games, 2012, my interview w/ her here) on CrossFit & Risk
- Photos from North Korea’s Unusual Marathon
- The Best Pieces Written Last Year About The Boston Marathon
- Google Translate For Runners (Hilarious!)
- Shalane Flanagan Won’t Rest Until She Wins The Boston Marathon
Social & Stuff
- 29 Old School Examples of Native Advertising
- Social Media 101: Just Being There Is No Guarantee of Success
Just For Fun
- 25 Fun Facts About “A League of Their Own.”
- The 22 Most Hipster Foods On the Planet
- 12 Things You Never Knew About “Father of the Bride.”
- This 80-year-old dancer will blow you away!
This is the best commercial I’ve seen in a long time:
News from the DC Fitness Community
The scoop on the newly FREE Saturday OutRuns: The weekend OutRuns are approximately 90 minutes long and will cover about 5K covered in distance. Pace is challenging (you should be able to run for approx. 30 minutes without stopping) and the stops are equally challenging. We do not recommend the weekend OutRun if you are new to running/fitness or if it has been a while since you’ve worked out.
New to running? No worries, they have weekday training programs! Stay up to speed on all the new stuff by joining the OutRun Facebook group.
TOMORROW: Roam is offering a special OutRun is in honor of those affected by last year’s tragedy at the Boston Marathon and to send good vibes to the 36,00 runners who are going to cross the finish line this coming Monday. We only ask participants to wear yellow and blue, the official colors of the Boston Marathon. To sign up for Saturday’s OutRun, click here.
What did you read that you LOVED this week? Always look for more good stuff 🙂