Here’s What You Missed This Week:
- Your Next Book: Finding Mr. Righteous (win a copy!)
- Eating Disorder Awareness & Recovery: As the Sun Rises
- Core Power Challenge Victory
- #YouAreEnough: Cold Tangerines – The Play
- ZOOMA Half-Marathon Excitement
- Promise or Pay: A Cool New Program
Hope you are all geared up for a good weekend! I love lazy Saturday mornings and that’s just what this is. Somehow I slept until 8am — what?!
Chatting with Congressman Issa
Have to share this awesome pic I got with Congressman Darrell Issa this week while we were making a video for South by Southwest (SXSW) next week! (See top photo!) Issa is really involved in the tech side of industry (also, he created the world’s first car alarm!) and is one of the coolest Members of Congress (seriously!) so it was awesome chat with him in his office! On the wall behind us are tons of patents that he holds!
I’m SO pumped to announce that I’m not signed up for Marie Forleo’s B-School! If you don’t know Marie — get on board — this girl is super fun, smart, and inspiring.
Marie Forleo’s B-School: I’m In!
B-School is not just about making money (though hey, bonus!) but it’s all about learning to market, brand, promote and create exactly what you want! I’m fortunate enough to have a job that overlaps with my blog efforts and so many times, things I learn for both sides work for one another.
That being said, B-School sign ups end this Tuesday so if you are thinking about it, get on it. It is a hefty price but the testimonies and reputation of the program are telling. Marie is seriously my role model!
Yeah…since I didn’t get to share my links with you yesterday, I figured I’d toss it over to today. Here we go!
Link Love Saturday
- Sad: Mynamar Kicks Out Doctors With Borders (so many will suffer…)
- One Word That Immediately Kills Your Credibility
- Guy Brings His White Girlfriend to Barber Shop in Harlem — Watch What Happens
- Fitfluential’s 100-Mile March Challenge!
- When His Plan Trumps Yours (love from Sarah Kay Hoffman!)
- 8 Baby-Naming Books That Should Totally Exist (thank you STFU Parents)
- 6 Lessons From the Dalai Lama From a Yogi
- What You Don’t Know About People (so sweet!)
- Laces & Lattes: NEDA Week — Interview With An Anorexic
- Twitter Vs. Weibo: 8 Things Twitter Can Learn From The Latter
- Remember the lady who sued McDonalds for hot coffee? You probably didn’t know the whole story.
So President Obama and Vice-President Biden did this goofy video in support on Michelle Obama’s #LetsMove initiative this week — and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I can imagine when the campaign came up with this idea and actually got them to say yes to it! Check it out:
Man, that was a lot for a Saturday post! What do you have planned for the weekend? Is it still cold where you are like it is here? Did you see any links that I need to check out this week? Have you heard of South by Southwest or Marie Forleo? Let’s hear it!