Can you tell it’s still freezing out? We’re dealing with about 7 degrees here in the DC-area — how about you? I’m just glad I was not in Atlanta for that awful traffic jam!
- Swimming, Physical Therapy & Recovery
- Ogar Strong: On Kevin Ogar, the CrossFit Athlete Who Was Paralyzed
- Positive Sweat Power & the Importance of Mixing It Up
- Snow Olympics on the National Mall
- Joining a Gym & Core Power Challenge
- Beyonce & Jay-Z are Drunk in Love & I Like It (written for Victory Girls)
Happy Friday everyone! Ahh, I’m running late today because I meant to get the Core Power workout for today up earlier. I was sleeping like a rock last night — I think because I haven’t slept well for weeks and all of the sudden I could. Late start!
Anyway, I wanted to spend part of today sharing with you some links I found awesome this week. Without further ado here they are:
- Deaf NFL Player Surprises Girls Who Wrote Him a Note (so cute!)
- Samson invented Crossfit (if you grew up in church, you’ll love this.)
- A CrossFit athlete severs his spine during a competition. Freak accident or something that could’ve been prevented?
- 10 Reasons Why Bloggers and Brands Need to Listen to Gary Vaynerchuck
- 8-year-old who saved his family from a fire got a firefighter’s funeral (tears)
- National flags made from each country’s traditional foods (so creative!)
Core Power Challenge Day #5
Welcome to Friday! How do your abs feel? Mine are feeling pretty good, which means I think I need to push myself more. If you feel more advance, feel free to add a round of reps, add weights or do something to make your Challenge more difficult. If you are a beginner, feel free to make it easier. Again, everyone at their own pace!
- Diagonal Side Bend Lifts. No, this is NOT the technical name but I wasn’t sure what to call these! Grab a light ball, weight anything you can use (laundry detergent, milk carton, be creative if you don’t have actual exercise stuff!). Do 2 sets of 10 of these on each side. See this photo for movement:
- Optional: Plank practice! Try to hold your plank longer than 45 seconds without taking a break. If that’s too long, try for 30. If that’s too short, try for 1 min.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Check back tomorrow for Day #6!