There have been so many amazing things written in the last 24 hours about Boston. I keep being touched and surprised at the brave and beautiful things coming out on paper. I wanted to share some of my favorite pieces with you.
- 13 Examples of People Being Awesome After the Attack — Business Insider
- The Good Outnumber You and We Always Will — Patton Oswalt
- The People Who Watch Marathons — Jezebel
- “If you are losing faith in humanity, go watch a marathon.” — Ezra Klein
- My Heart Goes Out to Boston — Frolic Through Life
- Triumph Overcomes Tragedy — Live, Love and Run
- The Boston Marathon Hero in a Cowboy Hat — The Daily Beast
- This Runner Remembers Boston — Words to Run By
- Moving Forward, Hand in Hand — Wild Things Run Free
- Robbed…But Choosing Love — Run to the Finish
- 26.2 Acts of Kindess to Practice in Honor of Boston — DianaPantz
- Run for Boston — Running Tall
- This Weekend, I Will Run My First Marathon for Boston — Annica Nicole
- Run in Remembrance — Fitness is Delicious
If you missed my piece, you can find it here. In the meantime, I’ll continue clicking on every heartfelt link I see. The beauty pouring out of humanity after a disaster like this is the stuff life is made of. I’m sad but encouraged that, as Patton Oswalt wrote, the good DO outnumber the evil — and we always will.
Thanks for sharing your hearts, everyone. I’m grateful to social media for bringing us together — the hearts and minds I wouldn’t have known otherwise.
I’m thankful that my “friends from the Internet” — whose blogs I read, whose tweets I follow, whose races I cheer for behind my screen were all okay yesterday.
If you’ve written a piece or have read something touching, feel free to link it below in the comments.