• 1 Tb. chili powder
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. salt
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1¼ pounds top sirloin steaks
• 12 low-carb whole wheat tortillas, 6-inch diameter
• 3 cups shredded red cabbage
• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 lime cut into wedges
• Cucumber-Avocado Salsa (below)
Preheat the grill. (Or coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat.)
In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, garlic, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Rub the spice mixture into both sides of the steaks.
Cook the steaks on the grill (or skillet) for 5 minutes per side, turning once for medium rare or to desired doneness. Remove from heat; let the meat sit for 5 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
Warm tortillas by placing them on the grill (or skillet) for about 30 seconds, turning once. Wrap in a cloth napkin to keep warm.
Place the carved steak, tortillas, cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges and salsa in dishes and let diners make their own tacos.
• 1 medium English cucumber, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
• 2 medium firm-ripe avocados, diced
• ½ red onion, diced
• Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve within an hour of preparing.